Friday, November 2, 2012

#MajorAnnouncement

A few weeks ago, I was overjoyed to see an email that, at first glance, appeared to be from one of my favorite writers, Dan Savage. "He's FINALLY answered me after all these years?" I thought.

I opened the email and realized that it was from DYLAN Savage -- not Dan Savage -- pianist and Professor of Music at the University of North Carolina-Charlotte.

Dr. Savage is working on a book (title TBD) about the "transference of skills learned through music to other disciplines." The book will feature a section of first-person essays, and he has asked me to contribute a piece! 
Dr. Savage was referred to my blog by my friend Delmar Williams, encyclopedia of all things oboe and orchestra (especially on the web) and all-around nice guy.

Thank you Dr. Savage, Delmar, and as always, to my readers. This is a dream come true!

--AM

(Disclaimer: Dr. Savage reserves the right not to use what I submit. I hope that doesn't happen; but I, like him, need to say it.) 

Photo: inewshollywood.wordpress.com

No comments:

Post a Comment